The Institute of Medical Biology which comes under the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences has developed an experimental coronavirus vaccine that appears to be safe in the human trials.
Negligible Adverse effects :
Its researchers said that out of 191 patients of the Phase 1 trial that were given the experimental shots of the vaccination did not show any severe and adverse side effects. These patients were aged between 18 and 59 years. These candidates have also induced an immune response towards the pathogenic virus.
The most common adverse effects of corona which came into knowledge were slight fatigue, redness, mild pain, itching, and swelling near the injection spot.
The Health Officials recently had claimed that China is expecting to produce 610 million vaccine doses which will be available by the end of 2020. They also said that annual doses production of approximately a billion vaccines will be made available next year.
More about the upcoming vaccines!
- China National Biotec Group (CNBG), a subsidiary of Sinopharm, has said the two vaccines that they produced have been tested on over 35,000 people during the Phase 3 trials.
- Sinovac,another prominent vaccine producing company, has also stated that they have started the Phase 3 trials South American and Southeast Asian countries.
- CanSino Biologics and the Chinese Military Services have collaborated to develop a vaccine. Besides, they have also claimed that their vaccine is in the Phase 3 trials in the countries located in Europe and Asia.
- Russia has also put forth that it has created the World’s first sanctioned COVID-19 vaccine Sputnik V and have regulated the supplies of vaccine for low-income countries like India, Brazil, and Mexico.
- University of Oxford and AstraZeneca, a leading pharmaceutical company in the UK, have joined forces to produce a vaccine which also is in the Phase 3 trial. They have used the modified technology of the chimp adenovirus vector (ChAdOx1). The race for the first effective COVID-19 vaccine is still proceeding with numerous professionals collaborating for the cure. Interestingly, China has at least four experimental vaccines in the final stage of clinical trials.