Murad Al Ramadan is the CEO of GII Capital, a subsidiary of Gulf Islamic Investments (GII), a full-service Shariah-compliant financial services company that provides investment opportunities in real estate, private equity, and technology sectors. He is an accomplished executive and investment professional with over 20 years of experience in the industry. In this article, we will explore his career journey, achievements, and vision for the future of Islamic finance.
Murad’s Career Trajectory Toward Leadership
Murad Al Ramadan started his professional career in accounting and auditing in 2000, working with KPMG Bahrain and Qatar. He then moved to the investment sector, working as a Real Estate Investment Director for GFH Financial Group, a leading Islamic investment bank.
In 2016, he joined INOVEST, a publicly listed investment company regulated by the Central Bank of Bahrain, as the CEO. He led the company’s transformation and growth, executing successful transactions in various markets, including the GCC, Turkey, the UK, and the US.
In 2020, he became the CEO of GII Capital, a subsidiary of Gulf Islamic Investments (GII), a full-service Shariah-compliant financial services company that provides investment opportunities in real estate, private equity, and technology sectors. He is responsible for overseeing the company’s operations, strategy, and performance.
Leading with Focus and Dedication
Murad Al Ramadan has a strong track record of leading and executing successful transactions in various markets, with a focus on Islamic finance, corporate governance, risk management, and strategic planning. Some of his achievements and features are:
- He has extensive knowledge and expertise in Islamic finance, which is based on the principles of Shariah law and prohibits interest, speculation, and unethical activities. He has contributed to the development and growth of the Islamic finance industry, which is estimated to reach $3.8 trillion by 2022.
- He has been involved in several landmark deals, such as the acquisition of a 40% stake in the iconic Aston Martin Residences in Miami, the acquisition of a 25% stake in the Ritz-Carlton in Washington DC, and the acquisition of a 50% stake in the Four Seasons Resort in Seychelles.
- Murad has been recognized and awarded for his achievements and leadership, such as the Best CEO Award by World Finance Magazine in 2018, the Best CEO Award by Global Banking and Finance Review in 2019, and the Best CEO Award by International Finance Magazine in 2020.
- He is a member of several professional and industry associations, such as the Bahrain Association of Banks, the Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance, and the Bahrain Businessmen’s Association. He is also active in social and charitable causes, such as supporting education, health, and sports initiatives.
- Murad holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of Bahrain and a Master of Business Administration degree (honors) from the New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), USA.
Visionary Mindset for Greater Achievements
Murad Al Ramadan has a vision of creating a global network that connects investors, entrepreneurs, and innovators, and provides them with Shariah-compliant and value-added solutions that suit their needs and expectations. He believes that Islamic finance can play a key role in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and promoting social and environmental responsibility.
He is also constantly looking for new ways to improve and expand the services and features of GII Capital and to explore new markets and opportunities. He is not afraid to take risks and experiment with new ideas, as he believes that innovation is the key to success in the investment industry.
ALSO READ: Top 10 Marvellous Leaders in Dubai