- Twitter unveiled its latest Twitter Blue on June 3, 2021 to meet its users’ demands
- The latest Twitter service will offer premium features like Undo Tweet, Reader’s mode, and much more
- Twitter aims to expand its user base and generate more revenue through its latest services, like the subscription
Enhanced and Complementary Features
Major social media platforms are constantly introducing and incorporating latest features to meet their users’ demands. Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit have come a long way with their latest features like react buttons, reels, threads, and many more.
In a recent event, Twitter unveiled its first-ever subscription-based service on June 3. The microblogging platform has planned to launch its latest service feature in Australia and Canada. The latest feature will allow users to access and avail premium services that have been incorporated in the platform in accordance with users’ feedback.
Twitter Blue Subscription
Twitter’s latest ‘Blue Subscription’ has been planned to launch first in Australia and Canada. The subscription service will be a paid-service with add-on features like the undo button, tools for organizing bookmarks and read threads in a clutter-free format, and many more. According to Twitter, the launch has been confined to just two regions and has been designed specifically to gain a deeper understanding of customers’ expectations. The company clarified that for those who do not want to subscribe can still avail the free-to-use version of the platform.
In a statement issued by Twitter, it said, “We’ve heard from the people that use Twitter a lot, and we mean a lot, that we don’t always build power features that meet their needs. We took this feedback to heart, and are developing and iterating upon a solution that will give the people who use Twitter the most what they are looking for: access to exclusive features and perks that will take their experience on Twitter to the next level.” The company also clarified that the new subscription survive was not designed to eradicate the free experience but to offer “enhanced and complementary” features for those who want it.
Features of Twitter Blue Subscription
The new subscription-based service of Twitter will cost around $3.49 CAD in Canada and $4.49 AUD in Australia respectively. Twitter Blue subscribers will receive access to certain “perks” with its latest subscription service.
Following are some of the features of the latest Twitter Blue Subscription:
- The Undo Twitter Feature, closest to the much-requested edit button, will allow users to set a customizable timer up to 30 seconds. It will also allow subscribers to preview their tweets before publishing them and adjust them accordingly.
- The ‘Bookmark Folders’ will allow users to organize their tweets after saving.
- The Reader Mode will allow users to read long threads in a clutter-free format.
- The option to customize the Twitter app icons on their phones and can have access to choose color themes for the Twitter app.
- A dedicated customer support.
Twitter’s future plans
With the launch of Twitter Blue Subscription, Twitter clarified that the service is a part of the company’s broader plan to reduce its reliance on advertising revenue as its only source of profit. Over the years, Twitter has struggled to expand the base of its users, with its biggest users being media personalities, politicians, and business leaders. The company is yielding more options to generate revenue from its dedicated users and these plans will include offering tools to creators, including the upcoming Super Follow subscription, as well as Twitter Blue.
Earlier in 2021, Twitter told investors that it plans to at least double its total annual revenue, from $3.7 billion in 2020 to $7.5 billion or more, in 2023, in part thanks to its new initiatives, including subscriptions. Twitter Blue will initially be available in its supported markets on iOS only. Early adopters are asked to tweet their product feedback to @TwitterBlue.
Also Read:- Top 10 Richest Women in the World